Return to ForumsReply to Thread
meeting recorders and transcription

Every time we get new computers and new word versions (Windows 10) my voice recorder does not work properly. Does anyone use a recorder that has voice recognition? We have meetings that need Minutes transcribed. Today that while typing in one screen my minutes (in word) I now cannot use the F4 key to stop my audio (showing in my second screen). This new version requires I use the space bar to stop the audio. But when I use the space bar, the actual space is typed in my Minutes. Does anyone recommend a recorder with voice recognition that would type the audio into word and then I could just edit what is transposed?

Submitted by: Julie Minegar Stasi

ReplyPosted By
Olympus Recorder - DS3500 will probably do the trick if you purchase software from Dragon; although I understand it only has voice recognition for one person/ no technology out there yet to differentiate between all the different voices. Julie Minegar Stasi on 2/13/2017 12:57:22 PM
While I do not have a recommendation for you, I would be interested in what type of voice recognition recorder you use? I would be very interested as well in any of the responses you get for a recorder with voice recognition that types audio into word, that let's us edit what is transposed. That would be ideal for me, as I do many Board meetings, and it sure would speed up getting my minutes out for those meetings in a timely fashion for the Board members to review. I also do Committee meetings, so a recorder with voice recognition that would type the audio into word would be absolutely ideal!!!! Ronda Franco on 2/6/2017 9:54:40 AM

Return to ForumsReply to Thread