Return to ForumsReply to Thread
Safety Companion/Patient Sitter Guidelines

Good afternoon! I am in the process to creating a policy for non-clinical staff who will be asked to be patient sitters. These patient sitters will be sitting with patients who present to our hospital with suicidal issues or patients that simply need to be monitored to make sure they don't get out of bed. Does anyone have a policy that I may review? Thank you in advance!

Submitted by: Kelly Biggert

ReplyPosted By
Good Morning Eileen! I sent you what we currently have in place at our facility to your email that you provided. I have been tasked to revise our current policy and also create a competency. Kelly Biggert on 3/23/2016 6:50:46 AM
We to are beginning to look at the process for patient sitters, to be used for suicidal, mental health, overdose, detox etc. In rural Minnesota we don't have facilities to accept these patients, they are held for hours in our emergency rooms. Please keep me posted if you develop a policy or find information regarding this issue please email a copy to me eileen.lehman@perhamhealth.org we are very concerned about the mental health issues in our country. Is there a place you can direct me for information? Eileen Lehman on 3/23/2016 5:53:29 AM

Return to ForumsReply to Thread