Return to ForumsReply to Thread
Meeting Scheduling Programs

Afternoon! I was wondering if anyone else does something similar that can direct me to a scheduling program that may be able to accommodate our needs. My position involves planning the logistical details for a group of members to annually visit Washington, DC, including scheduling meetings with congressional offices. Over the years, this group has expanded to almost fifty members which are divided into 15-20 teams and involve over 200 meeting requests within a certain time frame over one to two days. Currently, I create an Excel grid in 15 minute increments for each team for the entire time frame and enter the meeting information as it is confirmed, blocking out a window around it to avoid any overlap and to allow them time to get to the next meeting. Sometimes one team member may break off to attend a meeting solo if necessary or attend a meeting with another team for various reasons. Although this can get overwhelming, especially when two days are involved, I have somewhat of a handle on it but believe there has to be some type of program designed for meeting scheduling that would be a better system! Also, once all the schedules are set, a list of the meetings has to be printed for the teams and the grids can be messy with all the blocked timeframes so I have to transfer all the meeting information only to a 'clean' report formatted page. Any suggestions!?

Submitted by: Alysia

ReplyPosted By
Thanks Janet! Researching that program now! Alysia on 3/19/2015 12:44:06 PM
Prefer software program suggestions to assist in the scheduling process - not offers or solicitations to do my job for me. But thank you. I am only one department within an association that already has a marketing department, a meetings department, a public relations department, etc. Alysia on 3/19/2015 12:40:20 PM
Hello Alysia, I am the Principal and Senior Event Analyst with New Century Planning which is an event marketing firm with hubs in DC and NC. I believe I have several tools and templates that could help you with your requests above. Planning meetings is so much work. Most people don't understand just how much but trust me I do. It sounds like you have a lot of responsibility on your plate in your role but clearly doing it with a spirit of excellence!!! Kudos to you!! It is apparent that your role is extremely important to your organization and their overall success. We just have to make it less stressful (if there is such a thing!) Feel free to contact me at april.ellerbe@newcenturyplanning.net or 919-998-8264. I am more than happy to help! All the best... AE April Ellerbe on 3/17/2015 8:49:39 PM
Alysia - I don't know if you're duties also include providing hotel accomodations for these programs, but if it does, I may be able to help you (all at no cost to your employer). I work with several executive assistants who are tasked with making meeting arrangements for their staff and visitors. I research locations and provide options based on their requirements. I then give those options to my clients who select the hotel and meeting space. I work for the largest meeting site selection company in the world, HelmsBriscoe. We're like the Google of meetings. We are compensated by the hotels you use, all at no charge to you. If this is something you could use, please reach out to me at mmahar@helmsbriscoe.com. Best of luck. Mary Mahaar Mary Mahar on 3/17/2015 2:12:18 PM
Here at Marian Regional Medical Center, a Dignity Health hospital, we use a web-based program called "Resource Scheduler". I manage the rooms and characteristics of each conference room, and provide access to admin assistants and managers who can book the rooms and order catering through the food service module. our EVS/Housekeeping has their own access, too, and manages the set up of the rooms on a daily basis. The program allows for room signage to be printed and no double work is needed. Hope this helps. Janet Datu on 3/17/2015 11:01:03 AM

Return to ForumsReply to Thread