Return to ForumsReply to Thread
New Job Title Help

I have been asked to create a new job title for myself. My 'added' responsibilities will be as Assistant Secretary to the Board of Directors. This is not an officer position. I have been responsible for all of this work since my position began, but my boss (President/CEO) wants to give me a substantial upgrade/raise and the new job title would justify that. Any help out there? I was thinking of Director of Executive and Board Affairs. Comments??

Submitted by: Alice

ReplyPosted By
In our institution the title is Assistant to the President & Secretary to the Board. Congrats on your new title!! Dorene Winn on 2/26/2014 9:14:53 AM
I?m sure your skills, potential & expertise go along with the new title/raise-Congrats! Executive Administrative Assistant Administrator and Board Liaison Anonymous on 2/24/2014 2:46:56 PM
Assuming that you are currently in a secretarial position, the use of ?Director? in this title could be misleading as you are not really directing any program or initiative, but rather providing secretarial support in both arenas. Executive and Board Administrative Assistant might be better. Anonymous on 2/24/2014 1:04:22 PM
I think Executive Assistant to the President and Board of Directors sound nice. Congratulations on your upgrade! Sandra Clair-Ball on 2/24/2014 12:59:33 PM
I agree with the other posts. Also, when referring to a board, the title "Assistant Secretary" does sound like you hold a officer position. Liaison to the Board of Directors and Executive Assistant to President/CEO sounds nice and encompasses the many roles I am sure you have to fill. :) Lisa Windahl on 2/24/2014 12:20:25 PM
I use Executive Assistant & Board Liaison. But I do like your idea! William Morton on 2/24/2014 11:43:16 AM
What is your current title? Angela Wiesmore on 2/24/2014 11:43:15 AM
What is your current title? Angela Wiesmore on 2/24/2014 11:43:12 AM
My title was changed to Executive Assistant to the Governing Board and Superintendent of Schools. It covers all duties from the Board as well as Superintendent, etc. Congratulations on your upgrade/raise. They graciously gave me the upgrade but no raise. Shelley Black on 2/24/2014 11:38:50 AM
"Board Liaison" is an excellent title for that portion of your job supporting the Board. You don't really clarify what your other duties are - so not sure about your overall title in general.......just sharing what I have seen and used in the past. Hope it helps! Anonymous on 2/24/2014 11:36:41 AM

Return to ForumsReply to Thread