Return to ForumsReply to Thread
Quickbooks

I would like to know if having a working knowledge of Quickbooks Pro would be beneficial to me as an Administrative Assistant. I am currently looking for a job as I have been laid off, and I have seen a couple of ads that required a working knowledge of the software. I am considering taking a class but I'm not sure if I truly need that. I think OJT is the best type of training, but if it will help me become more marketable then maybe I should purchase the needed education.

Submitted by: Linda Polk

ReplyPosted By
I agree that taking a certified class would be more beneficial to you, even if you recieve OJT when you start the next job. It's a 1 UP for you if you already have some working knowledge of the software. Best wishes on you job search. I pray that you find the one you need very soon. Linda Smith on 9/3/2013 7:28:45 AM
I have found that sometimes on the job training is not always the best if your going into a situation where they need immediate help. I taught myself how to use the original Quickbooks and with each upgrade there are more bells and whistles. I thought I knew alot about quickbooks until I interviewed for a job and I had to test out on it. Guess what? I didn't know as much as I thought I did. I highly recommend taking a certified class so you have true basics and some additiona training under your belt before you state you have skills with that software or any other software on your resume. Joan Hudson on 8/29/2013 4:50:20 PM
Thank you for your reply!! Linda Polk on 8/29/2013 1:42:44 PM
I think the requirement of Quickbooks Pro would be determined by the the field in which you work. If you work in a Financial Industry, Retail setting, or Insurance Industry, it might be beneficial. If you work in a small business where your responsibilities were to include bookkeeping responsibilities, then it could definately be an asset. Debbie on 8/29/2013 1:23:11 PM

Return to ForumsReply to Thread