Return to ForumsReply to Thread
All hands meetings

I have been looking for a job since I was laid off a few months ago. One of the things they ask for quite a bit is someone who can arrange all hands meetings. How extensive is that? I am open for tips on those of you who have dones this. Is it easy to do? Seems like you would just need to gather the attendees, location arrange the logistics, agenda, speakers etc. Is there something more than that to do? I welcome all ideas please. Thanks!

Submitted by: Anonymous

ReplyPosted By
Check out a download for meeting planning tips from the Association of Meeting Planners. Anonymous on 6/18/2012 4:41:16 PM
All hands is a Navy term for everybody available not otherwise doing something mission essential. You are on target; an all hands meeting is bringing everybody together for a "town hall" event. The how is really dependent upon the organization, its assets, and culture. Anonymous on 6/18/2012 11:55:32 AM
This website may be of help to you. Good luck! http://www.video-conferencing.com/definition/all-hands-meeting.html DeeDee on 6/18/2012 9:40:19 AM
Hello - Aside from the items that you listed, it also depends on how extensive the meeting is. You may be asked to select the food and keep the meeting budget on track. Joyce Zimmerman on 6/18/2012 9:34:25 AM
An All Hands Meeting is what I know as a 'company meeting' where all employees MUST attend. I would make sure that you are in good rapport with all other admins - because getting the top management to attend these is a task unto its self. And yes, depending on the size of the company, location, meeting space access - you will need event planning skills. But working with and communicating with your colleagues to get people there is pivotal to make sure it is successful. Kelly Fritsch on 6/18/2012 9:32:25 AM

Return to ForumsReply to Thread