Return to ForumsReply to Thread
Managing Multiple Projects

I've been interviewing and one of the questions that hasn't come up yet, but I know it's just a matter of time when it will is, "Tell me about a time when you have successfully managed multiple projects?". How do you explain how you do this? What do you say?

Submitted by: Anonymous

ReplyPosted By
Thanks to both of you. Very helpful advice! Anonymous on 5/24/2012 11:16:19 PM
First of all, have an answer in mind. Think of a specific situation where you executed several projects at one. An example for me might be: "In April 2011, I had the opportunity to coordinate the logistics (hotel, travel, catering) logistics for an executive retreat with 20 participants. At the same time, I had to meet the deadline for preparing month-end financial reports that would be discussed at that meeting. I was successful in completing these tasks because I reviewed each task independently and established daily goals for each. Typically I establish more stringent deadlines for project so that there is at least one day to make last minute changes as requested by my manger. This ability to establish and meet deadlines is what makes me successful in managing multiple projects." Anonymous on 5/9/2012 4:48:53 PM
As an Executive and/or Administrative Professional..I dont know that there is a time when we arent managing multiple projects (at least this is the case for me!). Give some examples of how in your last job you worked on "project A" while also working on "project B" as well as managing your daily tasks and projects and through the use of proper time management skills and planning, you were able to meet all deadlines and exceed expectations. The key here is to go into detail about those specific projects and the work you did for each of them. You can also explain how your organizational skills and prioritizing helped you successfully manage those projects. Hope this helps! And good luck in your future interviews! Kimberly Kincaid on 5/9/2012 1:35:28 PM

Return to ForumsReply to Thread