Return to ForumsReply to Thread
Why isn?t dress Code that isn?t really enforced?

According to our handbook our dress code depends mostly on the department you are in. We have four departments that are required to wear a uniform of sorts (same colored shirt, scrubs, etc.). However anyone that is in an office type position is allowed to dress business causal. This is fine, however my boss (HR Director) is also the chairperson for Safety for our business. They strongly promote no flip flops, sandal type shoes mainly due to safety issues (not wanting something to happen while someone is walking or something drop on the toes, etc.) Which I completely understand but it?s extremely frustrating when you still see employees wear dressy sandals and get away with it. I would love to wear sandals (I?m a HUGE FAN of sandals and flip flops in the summer). I won?t wear flip flops because I don?t believe they are business dress but a nice pair of dressy sandals sure. Then to add to this why are employees who are in, inside settings (office, stores, preschools, etc.) allowed to wear outer wear when they are cold? I understand if you 50% of your time is outside (groundskeeper, mailperson, etc.) that you might have your coat on while inside. If 99.9 % of your work time is inside, if you are that cold, where warmer clothes ? leave a suitable sweater at work, something.

Submitted by: Annoymous

There are currently no replies to this thread.

Return to ForumsReply to Thread