Return to ForumsReply to Thread
4 Way Conference Call?

Previously, I worked for an organization that utilized a dial-in service for multi-party conference calls that was set up by the corporate office, so I have no first-hand experience in setting this up. My present employer just now has grown to the point where regular conference calls need to be established with FOUR parties participating. Until now, we utilized the conference feature on our phones, but that is limited to three parties. I?d be interested in hearing from those of you who have experience with Skype, conference call services, etc. for your recommendation for the simplest, most cost-effective solution. Thanks in advance for any and all assistance!

Submitted by: Violet

ReplyPosted By
Thanks so much for the recommendations. I've just started researching this and was excited to come across this post. Susan Robertshaw on 9/6/2012 9:34:43 AM
I use 1Source which provides total support services and I cut our costs in half when I switched to them. Their phone number is 866-352-2311 Need to Refresh on 6/13/2012 2:54:45 PM
Someone else provided you the number for Premiere, but I wanted to mention that you can also schedule video meetings through them as well. I have not done it as yet, but I know it is available. Victoria Hahn on 5/3/2012 9:11:43 AM
Premiere Teleconference Service offers a dial in service that charges by the number of people on the line. If I am not mistaken you can negotiate a discounted rate with them as a member of AEAP. I believe we pay five and half cents per minute per line. The nice thing is you only pay when you use the service and it is available 24/7. They also provide a toll free number for those to call into and a toll number if you ever need to deal with International Calls. Victoria Hahn on 5/3/2012 9:10:20 AM
AccuConference is an extremely simple way to do this. Once you have established a line, you don't need to call in to them to set up the call. Just let your conferees know the date, time, and access numbers. Call AccuConference at 1-800-989.9239 for information. - C. Stegall in Indianapolis. Anonymous on 4/19/2012 9:49:01 AM
I have found the AT&T TeleConference service is very quick and easy. Dial 800-232-1234 and the representative will lead you through the process. You will need to know date and time of call and approximate length, number of people that will be dialing in. AT&T will email you with the information you need. Hope this helps. Anonymous on 4/19/2012 9:48:30 AM
Hello - I researched this topic for the member. Based on the research found, the member might consider using: -- Instantconference which is the fastest, least expensive way to set up your own dedicated telephone conference call service that's free, reliable, and easy to use. There are several plans to choose from on this site. However, the plan that seems to give you the most bang for your bucks is the professional plan at $49.95 /month. It has unlimited 150 participants, 10,000 minutes. Includes optional toll-free number at 2.9 cents per minute. -- Member might also consider using gotomeeting web conferencing which provides a free trial for 30 days. To create an account free of charge for 30 days, member will be asked to provide his/her name and email address initially. Next, setup a password. Then, provide his/her mailing address along with a credit card number. If member chooses to keep the service after the trial period ends, he/she will be charged $49.00 per month for the service. But, the member should receive a message or at least have several days to cancel the account before billing starts as posted on their site. Please visit them on the web at www.gotomeeting.com or contact them by phone at 1-800-263-6317. Hope this helps. Much success! Anonymous on 4/19/2012 9:48:00 AM
Now, I've never used Skype, but from speaking with those that have used it, it is rather a simple mode of communication. I have used conference call line services, and I think that this is a great solution. The only problem that I would foresee in using any mode of communication is that you would have to deal with broken or static in the lines, also I've been on conference call lines that use a 1-800 call-in number and it can sometimes be hard to hear other parties that are talking. But I think it is easy to use, because all you do is call the 1-800 number and key in the number code to be connected to the conference call. I think it would depend upon the type of meeting and if there is a need for visual communication (Skype). I hope this helps. Tonya Franklin on 4/4/2012 6:10:31 PM
Thank you EVERYONE! Looks like there are several options that I was not aware of. Violet on 3/27/2012 9:05:39 AM
Hi Violet, visit www.freeconferencecall.com, I use it all the time for various meetings and it is literally free. You can record the calls as well. I am not familiar with Skype but if you don't necessarily have to look at the individuals I think this conference call service would be a good tool for you... Janice Minnis on 3/25/2012 4:09:06 AM
I second AT&T. It is insanely easy to use. I don't know the cost, but I know my company is very frugal, so I suspect it is quite inexpensive. Lorraine Williams on 3/23/2012 8:40:19 PM
I would definitely avoid the Skype route. There are several outside services available that work great. Susan Stebbing on 3/23/2012 10:02:05 AM
I work in IT and Telecommunications with COX. We recommend using PGi (Premier Global Services) and also WebEX. There are less dropped calls with PGi, they offer great pricing. It is easy to use and the service is excellent. Since we are a media company, we use teleconferencing a lot. Also, you might down the road look into getting Polycom boxes for conference rooms, that way you can have as many people call in on the one phone using their PGi call in number and password. You need to contact Cisco for those phones. Tina Marshall on 3/23/2012 8:23:37 AM
We use "Meeting Place" where I work. It's a pretty good service that allows anyone to join the call. Arlene Kiste on 3/23/2012 7:39:50 AM
We've been using GoToMeeting for almost 3 years now. It works wonderfully well and very easy to set-up. The first 30 day trial is free. Good luck! Kim Fritz on 3/23/2012 7:00:09 AM
Free Conference Call works very well. AND IT'S FREE!!! Katrina A. Mayo on 3/23/2012 6:41:39 AM
We have started using a service called WebEx. We have a monthly brownbag and all 14 branches call in. This seems to work better than the program we used previously. Good Luck. Sheila Hoh on 3/23/2012 6:12:57 AM
We use Clarity Conferencing for our conference call service. I don't know if there is a limit to the # of people that can take part in the call, but we have had about 15 on some of them. I believe we pay about $.05 a minute. Very reliable, based out of Canada: www.clarityconferencing.com or toll free 1-866-226-5566. Check it out. Alice on 3/23/2012 6:10:50 AM
Hi Violet. Try www.meetingwizard.com for your conference call. Beatrice T. Williams Beatrice Williams on 3/22/2012 3:56:43 PM
I use a free conference calling service and it has worked great! Try: http://www.freeconferencecalling.com/ I send the link to new employees to get themselves set up; it's very easy and they can use the same number/dial-in information every time as the number belongs to you. Hope that helps! :) Shannon Bell-Aliotti on 3/22/2012 3:25:36 PM
Hi. We use AT Conference @ 877-480-4300. It is so quick to get signed up and very easy to use. Never had any problems. Trudy Shannon Smith on 3/22/2012 3:24:27 PM
You might also try contacting Premiere Global Services @ 866 548 3203 Twila Goodrich on 3/22/2012 3:21:47 PM
We regularly use C3 Conferencing Service which has issued us a designated 800# and Passcode that we provide to participants of our conference call. They dial the 800# and enter the passcode to participate in the conference call from wherever they are. Our company is billed per call and the fees are very minimal. There are no monthly fees. It is contract-free and you just pay when you use the service. Our typical 1-hour conference call with 5-8 people on the line costs us about $25 or less. For sales, marketing and product info, call: 800-403-3303 http://www.c3conferencing.com/ Robin Aylor on 3/22/2012 3:21:41 PM
Try contacting AT & T Reservationless Conferencing. Customer Care number: 800-526-2655. Good luck! Camille Camille Oleson on 3/22/2012 3:17:50 PM

Return to ForumsReply to Thread