Return to ForumsReply to Thread
Looking for VOIP Provider

Hi all. I just joined AEAP and I am looking forward to networking and learning from the people who really know what is going on ? US! This is my first post and I am looking for your opinion and advice. I started my current position (a new position in a growing small business) in March 2011 and ?inherited? the VOIP (Voice Over Internet Protocol) phone system that was selected by a ?non-office type? person that was tasked with moving the phone system from landline to VOIP. Long story short - the service is HORRIBLE and it takes HOURS to get in touch with technical support. They were not bad until they were bought out by another company. Can anyone email me a recommendation of a VOIP provider that you have experience with? BTW, I am unsure of the protocol, so I deliberately have not used the name of the company. I?m guessing that is not allowed? Thanks in advance for all your help!

Submitted by: Violet

ReplyPosted By
Thank you so much. This gives me a starting point to work with. Violet on 10/27/2011 2:26:21 PM
I spoke with my IT director -- he says this is a 'loaded question' in that you didn't give specifics as to your budget, size, etc. However, if you can afford the high end - he says Shortel Systems - but mid to entry level AVAYA would be another recommendation Office Person on 10/26/2011 9:16:48 AM
I switched our corporate office over 18 months ago to a group/system called Whaleback Systems (Whaleback Managed Services). I have reviewed, purchased, intalled, and maintained 4 phone systems for the same company over 16 years and this group is the best thus far. I went from week long system outages because of local facilities issues to never being down in the past 18 months. Check them out www.whalebacksystems.com and then call Tim Checetto (pronounced Chi-ket-to) at (856) 942-4066. Tell him The Rose Group recommended you to him. Good Luck!! CMH-AdminProf on 10/25/2011 1:49:13 PM

Return to ForumsReply to Thread