Return to ForumsReply to Thread
Creating Professional Portfolio Presentation

I'm looking for a PowerPoint or other type of presentation on creating a professional portfolio as an administrative assistant. Does anyone have one? Thanks.

Submitted by: Anonymous

ReplyPosted By
If you have a profile on LinkedIn you can upload a presentation to your profile using one of the applications provided. There is an article that outline potential portfolio conten at: http://adminsecret.monster.com/benefits/articles/328-creating-a-career-portfolio. Diane Villano on 2/3/2011 4:14:43 PM
When I was working on my Masters in Distance Education, we did a unit on personal portfolios. There is a lot of "open source" (free) software online (Google "open source portfolio," or "professional portfolio"). I settled on a combination of website-portfolio. You can make a free/cheap website that you can update whenever you want, then bundle it onto a CD and mail the CD, or print selected things from the portfolio. You can actually embed a self-running PPT into your site, if you want. You can have a page of experience, with links to the websites of places you've worked, a page that's personal and maybe has pictures, a page of work samples, a page for your goals -- let your imagination run wild. You can even narrate it or have background music. (I work in Mental Health and briefly thought of using Patsy Cline's "Crazy" -- but reconsidered.) It sounds complicated for people who haven't done it, but it's terribly easy (ask a kid). You can add a link to your e-mail so you have instant knowledge that someone wants to know about you, and you can have a history of who has looked at your site. Most of all, though, you always have a place to update all at once and it shows how forward-thinking you are. Debra Thompson on 1/25/2011 9:54:00 AM

Return to ForumsReply to Thread