Return to ForumsReply to Thread
Sharing Pampered Chef at the office without breaking any rules

Hello, I recently started selling Pampered Chef to help make ends meet. Our company does not have a policy against selling things like this in the office, but I dont want to drown everyone in Pampered Chef sales promo's either. Does anyone have any ideas how I can let people know - or remind them that I do sell this and would love their business? I have put a catalog in the breakroom but no one really responded to it. I don't want to do anything that would make the company develop a policy against selling either so I am trying to be careful what I do. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Submitted by: Melissa Helms

ReplyPosted By
I would leave the book in the break room and leave it at that. Otherwise it becomes an uncomfortable situation for your co-workers. You don't want them to feel that they have to "cross the street" to avoid you because they are embarrassed they did not order. Anonymous on 10/12/2010 8:55:02 AM
Thank you so much everyone! You have really helped me so much with some great ideas. I have brought food in for my coworkers to show them some of our recipes and I opened the catalog to the page of one of the items used for that recipe. For example when I made mini brownies that had a surprise in the middle, I used the mini-deluxe muffin pan, so the brownies were on a platter and next to the platter was the catalog which was opened to the mini-deluxe muffin pan. Everyone loved the brownies, looked at the pan several times, asked me several questions....but never ordered. I will try some of the ideas that everyone suggested - thank you all so much! Melissa Helms on 10/8/2010 1:20:47 PM
I agree with the comment about sending out personal invitations. One of the things that bothers me is lack of personal contact by those sellilng things. For example, the dads who bring in the form for Girl Scout cookies and their daughter doesn't even deliver them or never bothers to send even a small thank you! (I will buy mine from the girls at WalMart before I will order at work!) Personally, I would make the invitation something special and memorable. For example, how about a colored envelope with some nice "upbeat" decorations on it (even small smiley faces). That would immediately put a smile on someone's face. Plus, I might include a "bribe" such as "bring a friend or submit an order on her behalf and get 20% off your order". I'm a sucker for a discount. When it comes to Pampered Chef specifically, why not promote an item that is ideal for the holidays - e.g., the holiday gifts being sold or something specific to a holiday (like the Pumpkin Pie plate). Finally, if someone cannot come to a party, invite them to lunch to give them a mini-showing (outside of the work environment). Cindy Brock on 10/8/2010 12:15:39 PM
Hi Melissa! Have you tried the word-of-mouth approach? Maybe at the end of meetings or just after you have conversations with your colleagues you can remind them to check out your catalogue. Hope this helps! :) Anonymous on 10/8/2010 10:22:09 AM
I wish you the best. We have a couple of employees that sell Pampered chef, but they usually send personal invitations to employees that might be interested and have a party or take orders from home. We used to have an Avon catalog in our breakroom and as long as there was a 'post-it' left in the front and a pen, employees would write in their orders and the rep. would pick it up once a week or so. Anonymous on 10/8/2010 10:08:09 AM
I admire your desire to add to your income, but other than what you have already done (putting the catalog in the breakroom, etc.) is about all you can do. Most companies only tolerate things like school fundraisers - not sales that would mean additional personal income - so I'm surprised that you haven't received any questions or concerns from management. It's tough out there right now, so not too many people can afford to spend on things that are beyond the basics - or cost more than they can spend at Wal-Mart, etc. Office Person on 10/8/2010 10:01:46 AM
I had a coworker that posted a cute sign in her cubicle. so whenever anyone came by, it would remind them. She also kept catalogs handy. Good Luck...LOVE Pampered Chef! TinkS on 10/8/2010 9:57:53 AM
Hi ... we have someone here who sells Avon and she leaves the brochures in the pantry and the ladies rooms. Arlene Kiste on 10/8/2010 9:47:15 AM

Return to ForumsReply to Thread