Return to ForumsReply to Thread
Need Outlook Help!

My boss wants me to schedule appointments for her by sending her a request that she can accept or decline. I have tried this many different ways and I can't get it right. I use Outlook 2007. I work in an University and these appointments are for just one student and my boss. How can I schedule these so that she gets an email asking her to accept or decline? Thanks! Cindy McIntyre

Submitted by: Cindy McIntyre

ReplyPosted By
Another handy option I have discovered is to use Meeting Wizard at www.meetingwizard.com to schedule meetings with multiple individuals. It has a great feature that you can perform a poll of multiple dates/times and then confirm the one that suits the majority! It's been a lifesaver for me in scheduling committee and staff meetings.... Kim Fritz on 9/24/2010 8:51:30 AM
You could either send the meeting invite through your own outlook calendar for him/her to accept, or you could send an email invite using the voting buttons (yes or no) to the meeting invitation. In the toolbar, choose View Options Click on Voting buttons. Hope that was helpful Anonymous on 9/24/2010 7:55:14 AM
1) Start a new mail message 2) click Options, under the Tracking group, click the Voting Buttons drop-down arrow, select Custom 3) under the Voting and Tracking options on the Use voting buttons line, type in Accept;Decline 4) make any other changes in this box 5) click Close and you will be returned to your email 6) type your message and send. 7) When you manager receives, she can either select accept or decline using the voting buttons. NOTE: You may want to create a folder labeled "Appointments" and have replies sent directly to that folder. Good luck. Irene Matthews on 9/23/2010 2:34:00 PM
Hello Cindy, You will need to send the appointment from your calendar and not your boss?. 1. Go into your Outlook, 2. Click on Calendar and click the ?New? button on the toolbar at the top. 3. Once the blank appointment screen pops up, enter the subject, location, date and time of your meeting in the designated sections. 4. Click on ?Scheduling Assistant? located in the toolbar at the top; this will take you to the scheduling screen. Enter the names/emails of the people that you wish to attend. 5. Once you?ve identified their availability click ?Send?. Both your boss and the student will receive an appointment that they can accept or decline. 6. Note: If this meeting is a recurring meeting, click on the ?Recurrence? button on the toolbar above and select how frequently you would like the meeting to occur. Let me know if you have any other questions. Good luck! J Anonymous on 9/23/2010 2:33:43 PM
You could ask your IT people to set up a folder in your Outlook with a calendar - then you can make all her appointments - do an 'invite attendees' - sending one to your boss and the student so that they get them in e-mail for - puts it on their calendars if they accept - and you have a separate calendar that doesn't mess up your personal one Office Person on 9/23/2010 1:46:35 PM
If you send the Meeting Request from your own personal Outlook Calendar, she and whoever she is meeting with will be able to accept. The down side is that you will have these meetings on your own calendar too. Hope this helps! Susan in Overland Park Susan Taylor on 9/23/2010 1:40:59 PM
I have Outlook 2003 -- don't know if version has changed in Outlook 2003 version, in view icon, go to options, go to voting buttons and select the correct voting words you want in the message V. Lucas - 46342 Victoria Lucas on 9/23/2010 1:37:11 PM
Hi Cindy, What everyone has told you is correct. Set up the meeting from YOUR calendar and be sure to click "Invite attendees" that way you can enter your boss's and the student's email address. Once they receive the meeting invitation, they'll be able to accept or decline the request. Take care! Anonymous on 9/23/2010 1:34:53 PM
Create the event in your calendar by clicking "new" in the top left corner. Enter the information. Then click the "invite attendees" icon, 2nd icon in the appointment tab. The "To" prompt automatically appears allowing you to enter the email addresses of the individuals you wish to invite. This feature sends an email, as well as adds the event to their Outlook calendar. Good luck! Maria Gordon on 9/23/2010 1:31:39 PM
Once you add the meeting from your calendar and your boss accepts it, you can use category colors to identify it as a meeting that you don't need to attend. I don't know what the implications would be if you declined the meeting and removed it from your calendar. It might be difficult to change it late if needed. Jacque Buchanan on 9/23/2010 1:31:17 PM
Cindy, In order for your boss to receive a meeting invite that she can accept or decline, you need to schedule the meeting from your calendar (not hers) and invite her as an attendee. Kind regards, Lauri Deschamps Lauri Deschamps on 9/23/2010 1:30:47 PM
Hello Cindy -- I schedule many meetings for my boss and have found that it's easier for me to send the invite from my calendar to my boss and desired attendees. This way he can accept or decline, I can track his meeting schedule, and if we need to change meeting details I can do so from my calendar. I also use Outlook 2007. I hope this helps. Take care. Barbara Young on 9/23/2010 1:29:15 PM
you would send her a meeting invite using Outlook Calendar. go to your calendar, click on the dropdown arrow next to "new" up in the top left corner, choose meeting request and fill in the To:, Subject & where the meeting will be held as well as the date and time and hit send. It will go into her email inbox and she will have the options to accept, decline or suggest new date/time. SLB on 9/23/2010 1:29:07 PM
You need to send the meeting request from your own calendar to her. You can then shut off the meeting reminder for yourself. Anonymous on 9/23/2010 1:28:02 PM
In outlook if you go to the calendar and click on actions, plan a meeting and invite whoever you need at the meeting and enter the time, etc. and send it. The recipients will then have to approve or deny the meeting request. Debbie Renner on 9/23/2010 1:27:19 PM
Hi Cindy, You should set up the meeting from your calendar, invite your boss and the student. This way your boss will get the invitation too. If you do the meeting request from her calendar, she won't. Hope this helps. Thanks, Patty Patricia Dlugos on 9/23/2010 1:27:09 PM

Return to ForumsReply to Thread