Return to ForumsReply to Thread
Outlook 2003 Read Receipt Question

I am a long-time user of Outlook 2003 and recently had my computer replaced. Of course, all of my setting preferences in my software applications needed to be reset. The only item I continue to have problems with is Outlook 2003 and the Read Receipt on messages I forward on behalf of my managers. On my prior system, I had this ability to receive the "read receipts" and cannot recall how I got this feature to work. This assists my groups in follow-up regarding important financial data. Our IT group is at a loss as well. Any tips would be appreciated. Thank you. Sharon N.

Submitted by: Anonymous

ReplyPosted By
While in a Microsoft application, click on Help or the question mark on the toolbar and then enter your search term such as "read receipt", then enter. Select the task you need help solving. If you need something more specific, tweak your search terms. This method works in any Microsoft application. Anonymous on 11/4/2009 6:18:28 AM
You would go to Tools, Options, Preferences, Email Options and it’s under Tacking Options. Anonymous on 10/29/2009 9:06:06 AM
Click on Tools Options Preferences Under -- change the appearance of messages & the way they are handled click Email Options Tracking Options There should be 2 radio buttons under For All Message I send request 1) read receipt or 2) delivery receipt Check the one required Click OK and Apply until you're cached out of that exercise You may need to restart Outlook for change to take affect Anonymous on 10/29/2009 9:03:52 AM
Try this: Go to “Tools” Then “options” Then “e-mail options” Then “tracking options” And follow directions from there. Anonymous on 10/29/2009 9:03:15 AM
I currently use Outlook 2007. Hopefully the steps below are not that much different between the two versions: · Looking at the menu bar, under “Tools”, select “Options”. · Under “Options”, locate “E-mail” and select “E-mail Options”. · Under “E-mail Options” select “Tracking Options”. · Under “Tracking Options” there is a variety of options. Locate, about midway down the box, “For all messages I send, request: Read Receipt Delivery Receipt. · By selecting the Read Receipt option, the sender should have a read receipt sent to them on each email sent (as long as the receiver allows a read receipt to be returned). Anonymous on 10/29/2009 9:01:29 AM
To change the default settings: Tools > Options > Preferences > Email Options > Tracking Options For individual messages, it's Options > Tracking... Anonymous on 10/29/2009 9:00:39 AM
In Outlook 2003 open your Tools menu, click Options, Email Options, then Tracking Options. In the final message box, check Read Receipt. Anonymous on 10/29/2009 8:59:49 AM
If you are "forwarding" a message, begin the process by opening the e-mail you wish to forward. Select "Actions" on your tool bar. Choose "forward". Then select "options" on your toolbar. Under the "voting and tracking options" click on the check box next to "read receipt requested". Below that in the "Delivery Options" section there is a "have replies sent to" box where you can designate the name of the person to whom the replies will be sent. Anonymous on 10/29/2009 8:58:53 AM
Sharon - See if this helps: Open a New Message - or the message you are going to forward on behalf of someone else. While you have the message open, Click on Options Click on Request a Read Receipt Click on Have Replies Sent to and insert your name Click Close You will receive a Read Receipt for everyone who reads this e-mail. You will need to do this for each message. Hope this helps. Anonymous on 10/29/2009 8:58:22 AM
When you open a new email click on Options and then click on Direct Replies To. Then you can add the email addresses for all that you want to receive the reply. At least you will be aware of who replied by receiving the reponse. Michele Lynn Davis on 10/28/2009 1:19:52 PM
Thank you both for your responses! The steps that were mentioned have been tried, however, I am not receiving the read receipts. These are messages that I send out are on behalf of my managers on a quarterly or year end basis and not my own message. I do have the ability to receive my own read receipt requests but not those of my managers. Maybe with the upgrade this feature was removed. Anonymous on 10/28/2009 1:07:18 PM
In Outlook, select Tools, Options, Preferences, E-mail options; select Tracking options and then check "After processing, move receipts to _________________ BROWSE (select Browse and choose the folder in Outlook that you would like the response to go to, which I would assume would be your Inbox). I think this should do it. I would be interested in knowing if this solves your problem. Kathi Robinson on 10/28/2009 12:59:31 PM
When you have your new message open, click on "Options" and select "Request a Read Receipt." Tanya Anonymous on 10/28/2009 12:51:10 PM

Return to ForumsReply to Thread