Return to ForumsReply to Thread
Exit Guide

I have been asked to compile a list of things to do or items to receive from a terminated employee. The director wants this list stapled to the front of each personnel file. Does anyone have an Exit Guide? Thanks Carol

Submitted by: Anonymous

ReplyPosted By
Hi, This should be tipically very simple. It would be anything that was given to them that belongs to and should be returned to the company Anonymous on 6/30/2009 11:47:11 AM
EMPLOYEE EXIT CHECKLIST Employee Name: Position Title: Supervisor: Hire Date: Termination Date: Reason for Termination: Eligible for rehire: o Yes o No Exit interviews are conducted upon the final day employment. After the exit interview, discuss the following topics: Medical Benefits/COBRA Life Insurance, Long-Term Care, 401K Severance Pay (if applicable) Vacation pay, Sick pay, final paychecks Procedure for Providing References Return of Company Property (if applicable): Badge Parking Permit Keys Credit Card Phone Card Cell Phone Laptop Computer Computer Disks Tools/ Other Equipment Employee’s Signature: Date: Department Supervisor’s Name: Department Supervisor’s Signature: Date: HR Manager’s Name: HR Manager’s Signature: Date: This is what we use Anonymous on 6/30/2009 11:44:21 AM
I have a Manager's list and an Employee list if you are interested. Sharon Adams on 6/22/2009 3:04:10 PM
We have an exit interview with the employee. At the end of the interview, we have the following items listed. The employee is to bring them to the exit interview and turn them in. The items are then checked off and the person who receives them (HR personnel, department manager, etc.) initials off on each. The items are: Keys, uniforms, tools, equipment, employee ID/badge. We then deactivate all logins, passwords, alarm access codes, etc. that were issued to that employee. Anonymous on 6/22/2009 12:00:10 PM
Important Exit Items: Contact HR Department - they will instruct you on documentation needed for Employee File. Good documentation is important. Collect all keys including desk, cabinets, doors etc. Contact Technology: Cancel e-mail - routed to another employee with same duties. Cancel voicemail - route to another employee with same duties. Cancel all passwords and codes giving access to building, computer, work e-mail, voicemail etc. Take name off company e-mail distribution list. Retrieve Parking card or permit - contact building management to cancel access. Alert security Supervise employee taking personal items to ensure nothing work related is taken, including Rolodex Contact all employees and important customers that they have moved on with their career and will be missed. Consult with HR for the appropriate wording. Kathryn Carr on 6/22/2009 11:11:29 AM
Thanks to the person who said they can email a form. se\Send to cmonnin@wccvb.org Anonymous on 6/22/2009 11:06:46 AM
I can scan the form and forward to you. Just send me your e-mail address and I will forward the form to you. Barbara Snyder on 6/22/2009 10:54:06 AM
Hi - Below is the form we use for terminated employees Manager's Termination Process Employee Name__________ Employee #____________ User ID___________ Termination Date_________ Last Day Worked________ Items: Badge______ Barbara Snyder on 6/22/2009 10:53:10 AM
Hi - Below is the form we use for terminated employees Manager's Termination Process Employee Name__________ Employee #____________ User ID___________ Termination Date_________ Last Day Worked________ Items: Badge______ Barbara Snyder on 6/22/2009 10:53:10 AM

Return to ForumsReply to Thread