Return to ForumsReply to Thread
Vacation and Sick Leave Policies

Our company is reviewing its current vacation and sick leave policies. I have been assigned to research what other companies might offer. We are in the real estate/financial services industries. If anyone has information they could share, please respond to patrice.hoerster@ticproperties.com Thanks.

Submitted by: Anonymous

ReplyPosted By
Hello - Have you contacted: SHRM - Society for Human Resource Management ? or possibly, The Conference Board. Find out the 'societies' your firm or exec's belong to. Those groups often will have data on comparable companies. (Bench Marking) Good Luck Rebecca Gallei on 7/16/2009 6:48:29 PM
Kimberly Edge: What industry is your company in? Thanks. Anonymous on 10/6/2008 2:28:47 PM
Our city bases the amount of vacation time on length of service and accrues as follows: 0 years - 8 hours/month (can take vacation after 1 year of service) 3 years - 9.33 hours/month 7 years - 10.66 hours /month 11 years and up - 12 hours/month Maximum allowable accumulation is 288 hours. Sick leave is accumulated at 8 hours per month. Employee can take sick time after 6 months of service. If you would like a copy of the complete policy on vacation and sick time accrual which would give you more detailed information, please email me at bauer@ci.delray-beach.fl.us Anonymous on 10/2/2008 12:32:23 PM
PTO and sick days are combined. Our administrative professionals earn 15 days per year during their first three years of employment; 20 days after completing three years of employment; 25 days after completing ten years of employment. PTO is accrued on a biweekly basis and can be carried over from one year to the next, but the total is capped at each individual’s maximum accrual days earned. (E.g. 25 days – capped at 200 hours; 20 days – capped at 160hours; 15 days – capped at 120 hours). Kimberly Edge on 10/2/2008 10:29:21 AM
For the admin level, it is a set number of days which you can use however you wish - no separation of sick or personal. They are combined but not kept track of separately. I hope that answers your question. Indy Gal on 10/2/2008 10:07:18 AM
I work for a private surgical practice. Upon hire, we are offered 40 hours PTO (to be used as sick and/or personal time), and 80 hours of vacation (given after 6 mos of employment.) After 3 years you get 3 weeks or 120 hours of vacation (accrued on your anniversary year). You can only roll over 1 week of your vacation bank to the following calendar year and PTO has to be used by the end of the calendar year (use it or lose it). Angela Crespo on 10/2/2008 9:25:02 AM
Dear Patrice: I'm in hospitality and we receive for vacation -- 1 week after 1 year; 2 weeks after 3 years and 3 weeks after 7. The maximum is 3 weeks. Receive a total of 6 days per year for sick leave and it can not be carried over. Hope this is helpful. Charlita Wright on 10/2/2008 9:17:19 AM
Are you comparing the number of days given for each or combined days for both on the admin level only? Kimberly Edge on 10/2/2008 9:16:58 AM
I work for a bank and what they offer is a little different. We get a set number of PTO (personal time off) days based on years of service. You can use them however you want, they are not split between sick and personal and no one questions how you use them. Here is our current schedule: 1-4 years = 16 days 5-14 years = 22 days 15+ years = 27 days The executives have a little more generous schedule in the 1-4 year range. They receive 21 days but all other levels are the same. Hope this helps. Indy Gal on 10/2/2008 9:15:32 AM

Return to ForumsReply to Thread