Return to ForumsReply to Thread
CAP-OM exam still needed?

I have a BS in Business Administration with a concentration in Management, would I still have to get the certification to become an Executive Administrative Assistant? I currently have one year eight months of experience as an AA. I am laid off right now and I would like to do the research to find the right path for my career.

Submitted by: Linda Polk

ReplyPosted By
Dear Linda IAAP's certification is not required to receive a position as an Administrative Professional, but it is highly recommended in a lot of companies now a days. Your degree gives you 1 year of experience, however, in order to qualify to write the exam, you require 4 years miniumum experience as an adminstrative professional, so you may not have the requirement just yet. I, too, have my CAP and my MOS and am personnally pleased to have succeed in a personal goal. Neither was required at my company, but the 7% raise because of them, was certainly appreciated. Hoping you success in finding an AA position! Hilary A. on 9/5/2013 1:27:19 PM
I understand, thank you!!! Linda Polk on 9/5/2013 10:28:36 AM
No. It's nice to have because of your interest in pursuing a career in the field, but not necessary. Enid on 9/5/2013 9:59:14 AM

Return to ForumsReply to Thread