Return to ForumsReply to Thread
Importing Outlook Calendar

I need help from my fellow EA's. I just received a Blackberry and would like to view my boss' calendar. It is a shared feature on my Outlook, but, unfortunately, IT cannot figure out how to import his calendar into mine so that I can view his appointments on the Blackberry. I know there has to be some way to even maybe 'copy' his appointments into my calendar for viewing on the Blackberry. Does anyone know how to do this with a minimum amount of time spent? Thanks in advance!

Submitted by: Alice

ReplyPosted By
I used a Blackberry and was forced to select one person's Outlook calendar to view. I was able to view my boss's calendar but not my own. Also, because it was not my own calendar, his updates did not sync wirelessly to my Blackberry; I received updates as soon as I attached my Blackberry to my work computer using the USB cord. Sent from my HTC Tilt? 2, a Windows® phone from AT&T Anonymous on 8/22/2011 8:58:50 AM
I was told that the only way it was possible would be to also have my bosses email on my blackberry too! Anna Bacon on 8/22/2011 7:29:57 AM
You cannot view another calendar on BB only your own. I receive all of my CEO and CFO's meeting requests and cannot accept these either thru my BB. Anonymous on 8/19/2011 2:48:20 PM
I agree with Julie...I wish this is something that can be added to the admin's phone...so if you are not at your desk...you can check your bosses calendars. Our IT persons said "NO WAY"! Blondee55 on 8/19/2011 1:33:15 PM
Your IT dept can not figure it out because it can not be done. Only one calendar can be used on a blackberry - at least according my IT dept when I got my BB Julie Arnheim on 8/19/2011 1:08:45 PM
Alice, Have your IT dept create a separate EXE outlook file on your logon in outlook. You should be able to open your outlook and have your bosses as a shared folder you can open. This should work for both email and calendar. They may need put there profile on the same C:/temp/extraoutlook file as yours. Just make sure your boss indicates on the delegates to allow you access. It worked for me and my outlook will open all three profiles so I can access their emails and calendars and support them from anywhere. Hope it works for you. TinkS on 8/18/2011 9:27:51 AM

Return to ForumsReply to Thread