Return to ForumsReply to Thread
New job just in time?

I had been unhappy in my job for some time and have been looking, although not too strongly since Summer. There have been lots of closed door meetings that were kept from me, even though I work for the top executives. I gave my two week notice on Monday because I've secured another position. After that, they started giving me things to type, about secret meetings they had been having--in the open. Today they mentioned they wanted to have a company meeting on Monday. When word came out that I was leaving, most of the employees freaked out. I guess I made more of an impact that I thought. Its looking like they won't be replacing me, which kind of tells you why I'm leaving...questionable business decisions...Most of my tasks were leftovers from five other people that left...now to put THAT on someone else who is already overwhelmed?! Anyway, with whatever news comes out on Monday, I'm fearing that people are going to think that I deceived them, that perhaps I had inside information I wasn't sharing and just looking out for myself. Not true! I had reached my limit months ago and found an opportunity that made sense so I chose to make the move. How am I going to travers this career-burning question of seemingly double-crossing your coworkers?

Submitted by: Anonymous

ReplyPosted By
You're leaving, don't worry about it! In all honesty, once people have been out of sight for a week or two their name drops from conversations anyway. If you are the topic of the office gossip, it won't last long as one day soon something else will come up that is more of a "hot topic" and you will become "yesterday's news". In short, the dust might kick up in the beginning, but it will settle down. Now...go enjoy your new job and stop worrying! Many congrats on finding something new. Anonymous on 4/14/2011 11:22:33 AM

Return to ForumsReply to Thread