Return to ForumsReply to Thread
career advancement

I have recently been laid off and have been looking for a position as an AA or EA. I have worked as a Branch Office Coordinator for 7 years and an Office Manager for 13 years. However, responses have been few and far between. In the meantime I thought adding to my educational background might not be a bad idea and it would look good on my resume. I have an Associates in Management. Can anyone suggest what degree and or certificate would be good to pursue in the administrative field that might add to my academic background?

Submitted by: Toni Reboca

ReplyPosted By
Dear Toni, The PACE Certificate is a good start for any AA or EA. If you attend workshops, seminars or any conferences, they usually qualify for some of the requirements. It is easy to enroll and is not as expensive as a standard college degree, which is more encompassing of time and funds. If you plan to stay and excel in your field, this is a good overall certificate to have. Good Luck! TinkS on 9/30/2010 9:29:46 AM
I would recommend you research job titles on Career Builder. I am guessing that you will find many of the same skills under Executive Assistant as you performed as Office Manager. Take another look at your resume and see what key words you might be able to tap into to get more attention from your resume. Best of luck! Anonymous on 9/22/2010 8:12:54 PM

Return to ForumsReply to Thread