Return to ForumsReply to Thread
NAPW

I was wondering whether any of the AEAP members are also members of the NAPW (National Association of Professional Women). If so, how has this association helped you?

Submitted by: Anonymous

ReplyPosted By
This has been about 2 years ago and they invited me to become a member. However, they have a very high cost for membership and I do mean HIGH COST $$$$. Hence my reason for not becoming a member and I also felt AEAP offered more for less $. Lisa Edwards on 6/10/2010 7:02:08 AM
Hi. I was going to join NAPW but when they called me to join, they messed around with the price so much! They gave me one membership price of $300, and I said no thank you! Then they dropped it down $50 and I still said no. Then they dropped it down to $150 and I said, so what IS the membership price??? It was such a joke. When I googled them, I saw that SEVERAL others had the same experience. If you do want to join, wait for the lowest price (but expect to get charged normal rate after one year!). Kathy J. on 6/9/2010 1:43:09 PM
Yes, I am a member of both as well as Office Dynamics (Adminology). I have found that all three associations have helped me in growth in our field. There is much information available on the NAPW, however, when I joined them I was in Sales and had a different dynamic at the time. Although it does not focus specifically on the Administrative Assistant, it does provide great Networking and information to propel you forward in your career. I recommend reviewing the site before you join to ensure it is for you. But I do recommend you visit the Office Dynamics site. Best. TinkS on 6/9/2010 10:21:30 AM

Return to ForumsReply to Thread